Before you begin traveling, you need to find some great advice on where to get started.

The following tips can help you make solid travel decisions at every stage of your trip, including the planning process.

You should plan ahead and find time to have fun; use these suggestions to your benefit.

When you are in a foreign country, get pocket money at an ATM rather than changing cash for local currency. Banks
usually have better exchange rates that are significantly better than those available to individuals. You can save a
lot of money later by doing this.

You should not take any extra belongings that are worth a considerable amount money. Too many items often burden
travelers with additional responsibility, which increases the possibility of these items getting lost or stolen.

Only pack things that are necessary. The less items you have, the less risk of having valuable items stolen or lost.
Limit the amount of shoes you take.

Look at the alarm clock in the room when you check in. Many people have been awakened up by early hotel alarm clocks
because they were still set on the old alarm. Turn the alarm off, or set it when you want to get up, if you want your
vacation to start in a relaxing way.

A good safety tip for a hotel stay is to bring along a door stopper.

There are times when extra security is a good idea. This added security will make it more difficult for a thief to enter your room.

When driving or taking a plane with a toddler, it is important to have enough interesting things with you to occupy
your toddler during the long trip. Familiar and favorite toys are a great start. You may even want to buy a new toy
specifically for your travels, as they will be fascinated with it and will keep busy.

Use melted hotel ice to brew your morning coffee. Ice water frequently tastes better than tap water, so fill up your
ice bucket so it can melt as you sleep. Upon awakening in the morning, you can use that water to make fresh coffee that
does not have an offensive taste.

Travel

Join travel forums and social networks. Getting information and sharing experiences with fellow travelers is a great
way to prepare yourself for a trip. You’ll have the opportunity to meet new friends, and through sharing your stories
you can help others avoid your mistakes — and avoid the mistakes that others have made.

Try avoiding rush hour when on your road trip. If it’s impossible to avoid rush hour, consider stopping during this
time to refuel or grab something to eat. It can be a good time to get something to eat or to just let the kids get out
and run around for a bit.

Travel

These tips were designed to give you good insight on getting started with your own traveling adventure. These tips are
great for new or seasoned travelers, and offer basic ideas, as well as cool techniques they can use to plan their next
trip.

About Me

To Your Success!

Travel

Comments
  1. NT Izuchi says:

Sounds like a pretty cool gig right here. I mean who doesn’t love to travel??

2. WOW Christine, what great travel tips! It never occurred to me to use a door stopper or to melt ice. I will definitely do that the next time I travel. My daughter and son-in-law just took a 10 day vacation to Costa Rica and I warned her about bringing her expensive handbags and not to wear her jewelry in fear that they might be targeted by thieves. All went well. The only thing that got stolen was their breakfast on the balcony from the wild monkeys. 🙂

Since they plan to take a tour through London in a few months, I will have them refer to your website for tips. You have such great ideas.

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Kelli

• coahing4online says:

Thank you Kelli. I appreciate your visit. I could help them save a lot of money on their next trip through our vacation club membership. The savings is huge and potential to earn money with as well.
      Please refer them to me for more information on how to save thousands of dollar on all their trips. Click Here to get my site and my contact is also listed if they had any question. Thank you

3. Nate Kidd says:

Hi Christine,

When I lived in Korea I use to take trips to the phillipines all the time and I definitely agree with you about the exchange rate. It is a great idea to have that pocket money with you because if you attempt to make any kind of monetary exchanges at the local vendors you will lose a lot of money.

This is just wonderful advice in general about traveling and there are so many little wonderful nuggets of information here that could be the difference in our next getaway being a disaster or a truly wonderful vacation. Thanks for sharing.

• coahing4online says:

You are welcome Nate Thanks for visiting. Travel is my Passion. It is so much fun and we make the best of it.

4. Soni says:

Great tips Christine!

I especially noted the tip about exchanging some currency at the bank before travelling, I was in my bank today and saw that they offered this service and if it saves money too – winning!

5. Hi Christine, You have shared some great tips here when traveling, especially the door stop as extra security.

6. coahing4online says:

Thank you Monna. Travel and traveling is a blast. I am loving the whole experience
    Have a great day

7. Dawn Golden says:

Hi Christine. I see your door stopper hint is a big hit! I do agree that it is a winner. So simple and such an easy thing to tuck into your luggage to help you up security. Love it!

• coahing4online says:

Thank you Dawn. I think door stopper is necessary. You never know who has the key. Better safe than sorry.
      Have a great week

8. Hello Christine, What some awesome tavel tips, I wuld never have thought about melting the ice, here i usuallu buy a bottle of water but this idea Rocks! We did use the door stop idea in Dallas Oh yeh It does make you feel a little more secure that’s for sure.. Thanks for sharing Chery :))

9. lizdelaney says:

Great tips here Christine. I travel overseas frequently. I have been woken by a hotel alarm clock before. So annoying. I like the idea of a door stopper. I am also very wary of water – wherever I am overseas – tummy bugs. I tend to boil the jug of water at bedtime and then it is cool for drinking in the morning.

• coahing4online says:

Thank you Liz. I wonder if I can interest you in saving money on your travels? Thanks for visiting and have a great week

10. Willena Flewelling says:

Great tips, Christine! Travel is not part of my life right now, and hasn’t been for a long time. I would need tips like this, to make sure I’d thought of everything.

There’s something wrong with the first photo you posted, though. If I were lounging on the beach right now, I surely wouldn’t have my back to the ocean!!!

• coahing4online says:

Thank you Willena for visiting my blog and sharing a comment. We make traveling possible for anyone with the desire to travel. I looked at picture I know what you mean, but if you where there you will know why. The view was rounded at every place so no matter where you were seating it is there. Like it is about to touch the sky phew breath taking. That was in Montego Bay Jamaica. When ever you decide to travel get in touch with me. Traveling is my passion.