Social Media marketing is the fastest growing platform for online marketing.

Office view and screenenter to win

Next to video, it is making waves and almost everybody is rushing to get involved. Whether you have already embraced it or not, you will do well to understand the opportunities and potential involved with a solid social media campaign.

Exposure

For the start-up business, whether online or offline, social media is an incredible chance to get valuable exposure for your business. Given how competitive and expensive other campaigns, such as paid advertising can be, a chance to get free exposure to potentially thousands of people is not one to easily dismiss.

A successful social media campaign during the early stages a a new business’s life can make the difference between success and failure.

One thing to be careful of is not going too far and “over exposing”. In other words, don’t spam so much that your product, service, or business is disregarded and not taken seriously. Getting it right is a delicate balance.

There is already a lot of *noise* on the social media scene, don’t add to it.

Interaction

Lady laptop27 funnel smartmockups

Another unique aspect of social media is the ability to interact on a person level with your customers. Everybody has a mobile and your app or social media accounts let you get right in their pocket. This should not be underestimated.

Too many businesses turn their mobile app or social media campaigns into miniature versions of their .com or offline campaigns. A mobile app (or social account) is a separate entity and should be treated as such.

There are many unique features, and different ways to organize your app that will encourage more interaction and personal engagement. This is key to social media.

Engagement

There is a massive amount of engagement within the social media world. Some of it is just token gestures though.

Many apps, websites, and social accounts have cottoned on to the idea that getting more social “shares” results in better rankings, increased popularity, and definitely more attractiveness.

Keeping up appearances is important and something that even the most established of brands cannot fail to embrace.

You’ve probably noticed now how almost everyone is asking for “likes”, “shares” and comments, sometimes even in exchange for prizes. While this may appear cheap to some, it is starting to appear that the ones who successfully employ these strategies do end up reaping more benefits later on.

Engagement is not just about chasing “likes” though. There is much more to it than that.

By keeping engaged with your audience, you can achieve many things:

1. Keep them updated of latest news and events in your business.

2. Let them understand your business more.

3. Understand them more (vitally important)

4. Keep them interested.

5. Increase your opportunities to turn them into customers.

Office view and screen sales funnel

All of the above are the core principles of successful business, and are very much achievable within the social media world.

Final Thoughts

Social media marketing is growing rapidly and is not a fleeting fad. Over the next few years, while many new social platforms will rise and fall, the fact will remain that social media will dominate the online and offline worlds. If businesses do not embrace and engage with these worlds, they risk being left behind.

for logo

To Your Success.

Comments
  1. Great share and post Amaka! Social Media is definitely here to stay so it is very wise to learn how to engage and build those relationships because it is not only important for your business but for your own personal growth as well 🙂 Thanks for sharing these awesome tips 🙂

2. da1sy says:

Hi Amaka, this is a great round up of the essential points of social media marketing. You are right, there is a lot of spammy noise out there and it gets really irritating when people bombard the social media sites with their links. Hopefully the majority of us do not do that!

Enjoy the journey!

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

Thank you for visiting and sharing your comments.

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

Thank you Dalsy for visiting my blog post. I appreciate your comment. Social Media is fun. implemented the right way could generate a lot of positive results. Have a great week.

3. Paul Bola says:

Few Reasons why I like social media marketing to promote my business, first it’s free, it’s It’s where your peers are, It’s the best way to get publicity, It helps you make more sales, final It’s the future..Thanks for this informative article, this post has covered almost all important aspect of the social media marketing.

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

Thank you Paul. I appreciate your visit. I am glad to hear you are making the best use of social media. Truly that is what it is there for, easy access to your audience. “Slogan, take your business where everyone is.” A lot of businesses that are not implement social media in their marketing strategy are losing out. Have a great week.

4. Naman Kumar says:

Hi, I am first time on your blog and loved it.
    Yes social media is being a best tool for online marketing. Engagement rates are high and conversions too. Great post! Liked the points of benefits of social media marketing. Thanks.

5. Joy Healey says:

Hi Amaka,

My first time on your blog I think, and I really think it’s so attractive 🙂

Also some very good points on social media marketing.

I see people just spamming the groups and I really wonder what on earth they achieve by it. I post a little bit in groups, but not like some people.

That’s good advice about not adding to the “noise” already on social media. I have occasionally been guilty of this when I used tools such as Buffer, but hopefully I’ve calmed down now 🙂

Joy – Blogging After Dark

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

Thank you Joy. I appreciate your visiting my blog. Yes you are right about the spamming on groups it is a waste of time unless there something behind the scene is happening like pixel. Other than that it is not worth the effort. As for auto post I will suggest people be careful with those it could result to accounts being blocked. Have a great week.

6. Hi Amaka

Thanks a lot for your tips.

Just to share my own experience…

I used to get so slack on social media. You know, you fall in love with the next new thing and then you get bored or distracted.

Now, I’m more active on Facebook because I took some time to find out where most of the people who need me spend their time. Well, they live on Facebook.

I also feared of annoying people. As you know, we get bombarded with memes and click baits all the time. So this year, I attended a Facebook seminar which helped me with new ideas to implement. It’s taught me to share mostly personal-ish images and messages to help people get to know, like and trust me. I get more engagement and it leads more traffic to my blog.

I’ve tested ads as well. Different combos. I find addressing one service per ad works best than promoting the whole shebang.

I’ve decided to just stick with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Too busy! 🙂

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

Good going my friend right decision. You are right about what flies around social media it was same for me at the beginning. Once you get the hang of it the rest is easy, fun and productive. Thank you for sharing your experience much appreciated.

7. A good post and you are right ,Social media is really growing fast and is for many the best place to do marketing.It is the best place to get engaged with people and build relationships.
    Erika