Back in the day, using Google was the highlight of those that were surfing on the web. The ability to search the entire Internet from one central location was something that people simply had to do. Today, search engines are used to find information just as they were before, but the novelty of using them is actually gone. Social networks have replaced search engines as the one place to go every single day. Instead of looking up information on topics of interest, it is much more enjoyable and fun to interact with people all over the world, especially friends and family.

The reason that social networks are here to stay is because they keep everybody in contact with one another. But social networks are also a fantastic place to do online marketing. There are several reasons why social media marketing is very necessary when it comes to earning a living on the web. Let’s look at a few of these reasons, and provide you with tips and ideas that you can implement starting today.

When you join a social network, the reason that you do so is to put yourself in contact with people that you may not have seen for years.

There is a mass socializing event that is occurring all over the world as people realize the Internet allows them to interconnect with one another again through social networks. However, social networks are also a fantastic place to do online marketing. The main reason that this is true is because there are so many people that you can contact, of a wide range of different interests, it is literally impossible to not make sales if your marketing is done in the right way.

For instance, if you use the Facebook advertising system, you can actually have people comment on posts that you have made, or even visit many sites by placing advertisements on Facebook for everyone to see. The difficulty with this type of marketing is that the primary focus is always about interacting with other people.

The secondary focus, however, is discussing trends of the day or interesting topics that people are discussing right now.

In most cases, with the thousands of affiliate programs that are available all over the web, you should be able to join several groups that are related to certain affiliate programs and start to make some money from these individuals. Remember, you don’t want to sell them. You simply want to refer to them to websites that are related to what they are discussing, which may sometimes be an affiliate link to a product or service.

Therefore, if you make regular posts on your Facebook account, or any other social network, and occasionally drop an affiliate link into the mix, you will be able to generate a passive income. And, as you continue to share pertinent information with people that are like-minded, and at the same time enjoy your interactions with these groups, you will be doing social media marketing.

To your success!

Comments
  1. Hello Amaka! Great job here my friend! Social media is the place to be HUH?
    Thanks for sharing
    Chery :))

2. Sharon McLaughlin MD FACS says:

I agree that social media is so important. It has replaced traditional forms of advertising. Thanks for sharing this post.

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

Your are right. Things move faster on Social Media. I like how flexible it is for advertisers using it than the traditional advertisement. Response are much faster and manageable too

3. Thanks so much for sharing. Social media has taken over traditional forms of advertising.

4. Social Media is very important. There’s a stronger shift now on engagement and search engines becoming more “Human” finding quality content for seekers. How else will you carve out a place online unless you use social media. Great post !

Liked by 1 person

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

So true today. Human behaviour have changed quick abit and social media is really leading the way. The new age.

5. Mandy Allen says:

Hi Amaku, I love social media but do find I am often distracted by the ‘social’ side of it!

Enjoy the journey!

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

I agree Social media can be quite distracting. I tend to plan my day before I get on. That way I am not been distracted.
      Thanks for sharing your comment.

6. Joy Healey says:

Hi Amaka,

The new strategy for marketing does seem to be firmly in the realm of helping people now.

Like Mandy I find the social side rather distracting – it’s also irritating that people seem to think that an acceptable form of marketing is to just say “Hi”, then send me a link! Perhaps they DO think they’re helping me, but hopefully they will soon learn that’s the fastest way to get blocked.

Joy – Blogging After Dark

7. Dinda says:

I have tried using social media for promotion but it is less effective, my boss’s experience of promotion is more effective with internet blog. But the obstacle in terms of SEO.
    Facebook is quite effective for promoting unique and interesting items but not all items are suitable promoted on facebook.
    In my country Indonesia, more popular marketplace for online shopping.
    Thanks for the interesting article, I love to read your writing

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

Thank you for sharing your thought on Social media

• Dream Team One Marketing says:

Well, I can say it depends on how you are using it. There are some guideline to use to get the best out of your social media. I run live workshop and recap on one of my pages. Feel free to plug the Facebook business page called Networking Breakfast of Champions. On the tap on the left side of the page Google Hangout click to get access and use the comment section to left a comment or questions. The comment do refresh every 90 seconds so if you are writing long comment uncheck the little check mark so it does not refresh on you in the middle of writing.
      Thank you for visiting.